MultiChoice scoops coveted Mama Africa trophy at Promax Awards with “Ten Thousand Stories”
MultiChoice Group’s recently revealed promo “Ten thousand stories” was the star of the evening at this year’s Promax Awards, scooping gold in the coveted Mama Africa category and first place for the Best Image Promo on Television or VOD Platforms.
“This creative masterpiece, which is the brainchild of poet and writer Lebohang Masango, perfectly captures our unique journey to share truly African stories across the continent and with the rest of the world, and we are thrilled that this has been properly recognised,” said Yolisa Phahle, MultiChoice Group CEO for General Entertainment & Connected Video.
SuperSport’s The People’s Captain picked up a close second place in the Mama Africa Award.
The 2020 Promax Awards, which honour the outstanding achievements in entertainment marketing and design, took on a whole new format this year in celebrating African creativity.
MultiChoice Group (MCG) has every reason to celebrate after scooping an amazing 30 gold and 16 silver awards across 45 categories in this year’s virtual awards ceremony. With close to 100 nominations, MultiChoice, M-Net, DStv, kykNET, Showmax and SuperSport have once again demonstrated their commitment to the development and promotion of local content.
“We are extremely proud of every creative piece that claimed an award, each one of them a testament to the outstanding skills of our African storytellers,” adds Phahle. “As Africa’s most-loved storyteller, our aim is to support and develop excellence in African creativity, and this 15-year partnership is helping to shape the industry and extend the reach of authentic African content.”
“The Promax Africa Awards are the top prize for outstanding achievements in entertainment, marketing and design. Going beyond what is expected, Promax Africa recognises excellence and celebrates the best of the best brand-defining campaigns that ignite viewers into fans, engage audiences through every screen, and drive bottom-line results for the largest media companies from around the African continent,” says Vanessa Sheldrick, Promax Events Director, Promax ANZ and Africa.
The MultiChoice platforms boasting Gold awards are as follows:
- Best reality promo for Life with Kelly Khumalo: Scrutiny
- Social media campaign for a channel, platform or programme for #Somhale: The Union
- Best integrated TVC for Showmax and Vodacom Festive Deal
- Best integrated marketing campaign for a channel, platform or programme for Somhale: Here Comes the Pride
- Best entertainment promo for Ringside seats in your home
- Best sports promo for SuperSport Look Forward 2020
- Best themed campaign for SuperSport Look Forward 2020
- Best copy/script writing for I Dream
- Best directing for SuperSport Look Forward 2020
- Best sports campaign for Stronger Together
- Best Drama Promo for Trackers
- Best original logo design for Legacy
- Bets image campaign (television or VOD platform) for Gewoon Ongewoon
- Best use of humour in promotion for DStv Access Festive
- Best documentary or factual entertainment programme for We are all delicate
- Best children’s promo for Sol Festive Bunnies
- Best movie promo for Get Pumped
- Best special events promo for 8 Days of Halloween
- Best music composition for Be Moved: Action
- Best brand promotion for group of channels for Women’s Month
- Best visual FX and compositing for Unleash the Festive You
MultiChoice’s Channel O scooped an impressive six Gold awards, including for the channel’s recent rebrand. Congratulations to the design and marketing team.
A special shout-out to Studio Zoo, who added to their long list of Promax Awards, with several accolades on the evening, including the Best Promo Team.
To view the full list of winners, click here.
The MultiChoice Group
View the companies and brands that make up the MultiChoice Group
SA Social Report 2020
MultiChoice Group is more than just entertainment. View our SA Social Report