Do you want to be a part of the MultiChoice Creator Incubator?
MultiChoice is looking to support and elevate young content creatives in South Africa. There is an abundance of untapped creatives amongst our nation’s youth, who only need a springboard to showcase their skills. Instead of offering a handout, MultiChoice wants to offer a hand up to help kick-start the careers for 10 young creatives, giving you the opportunity to improve your abilities as digital content creators.
We are looking for 10 content creators native to the TikTok platform, between the ages of 18-35. The content creators chosen will become part of the MultiChoice 'Studio Reach incubator', an online content creation program, in which you will learn digital storytelling skills, business skills, connect with other creators, and a one-year subsidized internship with MultiChoice brands which will run from 20 June 2022 to 20 June 2023.
Entering is super easy.
If you think you’re eligible, all you need to do is create a 1-minute video on TikTok using the hashtag #YouthOwned sharing what makes you Mzansi's coolest youth.
- Your Submission must be no more than sixty (60) seconds in length and remain on your personal account on the TikTok App for at least sixty (60) calendar days after the expiration of the Application Period.
- Your Video must be original, exclusively created and owned by you, and you must have all rights necessary to submit the Video, including written permission from anyone featured in your Video (or if under 18, written permission from their parent or legal guardian);
- Your Video must have been produced in a safe and responsible manner, having due regard for the physical, mental and moral effects to all individuals involved;
- You must comply with these Terms, the Platform Terms and your local law, and MultiChoice reserves the right to remove any video or disqualify any participant who does not comply with these Terms, the Platform Terms and/or the applicable laws;
- You must not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights, other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- You must not publicly publish or perform your Video on any other platform or media or in any medium except on your personal account on TikTok;
- Your Video must not contain material that is inappropriate, sexually explicit, violent, obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, unlawful, or contains alcohol or illegal drugs, contains firearms/weapons or encourages conduct that may be unsafe or dangerous or would violate any law, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
- Your Video must not contain third-party trademarks, logos or other third-party intellectual property.
- Preference will be given to submissions with a follower range of between ten thousand and thirty thousand followers.
- Candidates that are selected for the programme will receive laptops, cellphones and subsidized data for the duration of the programme. Cellphones and laptops will be returned to MultiChoice upon completion of the programme.
- You need to meet the application requirements for MultiChoice’s Yes4Youth programme
- Passion: how much does the Video reveal your passion for creating content?
- Originality: level of originality and flair in your Video.
- Creativity: level of inventiveness in creating the content and using the platform and its tools to enhance your content
- Storytelling: how well does the Video tell and share the story of your Youth and take the viewers on a journey?
Competition will run from 7 June to 15 June. Winners will be announced on 16 June on the MultiChoice website and social accounts. The incubator programme will kick-off from June 2022 – June 2023 for the selected internship candidates. Classes will be virtual.
Terms and Conditions
Please familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions of this programme